- Books: specialized books, textbooks
- Medical journal articles
- Articles to be published in medical journals
- Documentation for regulatory agencies
- Medical devices (medical, surgical, orthopaedic, dental and for in vitro diagnosis): user manuals, description of technical characteristics, marketing and training material
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Teaching material: e-learning
- Promotional material: brochures, catalogues
- Medical records, clinical reports, discharges, accident reports
- Clinical studies (from protocols to final reports)
- Expert reports on new drug indications
- Regulatory documents for health authorities
- Pharmaceutical technology
- Manuals for research laboratories
- Laboratory Safety Manual
Translation of regulatory documents
We are expert in the European Union regulation on medicines (EMA) and its application by the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS), so we use their specific and mandatory terminology in all our translations of documents for the regulatory authorities
- Clinical Study Protocols
- Summaries of product characteristics (SmPCs)
- Informed consent forms (ICF)
- Case Report Forms (CRFs)
- Serious Adverse Event & Suspected Unexpected Serious Adverse
- Reaction Forms (SAE/SUSAR) (CIOMS-1 form)
- Forms for notification of cases of notifiable diseases
- SOAP notes (Subjective, objective, Assessment and Plan notes for patient’s charts)
- Product labelling
- Patient information leaflets or package inserts (PILs, PIs)
Sworn & Legal Translation
- Birth, marriage, death certificates; family record book
- Certificate of criminal record
- Academic records and titles
- Documentation for working or studying abroad
- Notarial deeds
- Bylaws of a company
- Minutes of meetings
Specialized training videos
Movies and TV series
- Subtitling for the Deaf
- Audio description for the Blind
- Medical devices
- Automotive industry
- Environment and renewable energies
- Books, guides, brochures
- Promotional materials
- Tourist websites and portals
- Investment funds
- Financial reports
- Notices to investors
Editing and proofreading
Types of editing offered by Translating Solutions:
Copy-editing: The text is checked for errors or inaccuracies in wording, grammatical errors, syntactic inconsistencies (concordance, correlation of verb tenses, prepositions, etc.) or punctuation errors and for the need to restructure the exposition so that the text is more fluent, sounds natural in its language and its message is clearer and more effective.
Proofreading: The text is checked for spelling and punctuation errors, if the typography is appropriate to the text, if international standards for writing numbers, mathematical signs and units of measurement are met, if the cross-references are correct.
Content: The text is checked for errors of concept and vocabulary and adapted to the needs of the user to the country of destination. In my case, I am supported by my extensive medical training, my 33-year experience as a medical translator and my more than 20 years of experience as a proofreader specialized in medical and pharmaceutical texts.
Post-DTP QA: After completing the DTP phase (desktop publishing & formatting), the text is submitted to a quality assurance check (final proofreading, adjustments to text and layout).
Translation reviews: The text in the target language is compared to the text in the source language, in order to check fidelity to the original and use of correct terminology, to detect omission or addition of text, etc.
Please Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
We write texts aimed at both specialized professionals, patients, caregivers and the general public:
- Scientific articles for national and international medical journals
- Web content optimized for a good position in search engines (SEO): medical or health-related content for medical portals, websites and blogs
- Medical or health-related contents for informative or educative brochures addressed to patients, caretakers and the general public
- Contents for training materials for medical visitors
- Contents for continuing education courses for physicians
- Contents for support materials for oral presentations
- Preparation of regulatory documentation for clinical trials
- Writing of articles from congresses and clinical meetings
- Web content optimized for a good position in search engines (SEO)
- Posts for blogs
- Content for online store
Monolingual / Bilingual / Multilingual
- From the text translated
- From specific material provided
- From scratch
- Linguistic and cultural review
- Cultural adaptation to local market
- Revising of existing content
- Multilingual terminology management
I give lectures and take part in round tables whose subject matter is related to translation, editing or writing in the medical and pharmaceutical fields
The following are some of my past presentations:
II Jornadas Científicas y Profesionales de TREMÉDICA at the I International Conference on language and Health Care.
October 26, 2007. Alicante, Spain.
26th European Medical Writers Association (EMWA) Conference. May 1, 2008. Barcelona, (Spain)
“Medical devices: Terminología y traducción de inglés a español”. III Jornadas Científicas y Profesionales de TREMÉDICA.
November 8, 2008. Salamanca, Spain.
Red Vértice meeting, September 16, 2017. Barcelona, Spain.
“Asociaciones profesionales”. Mesa redonda. II Jornadas culturales del grado en Traducción e Interpretación de la UA en conmemoración del Día del Traductor, Universidad de Alicante. October 5, 2017. Alicante, Spain.
Coverage of medical conferences and meetings
Attendance at congresses and specialists meetings for the purpose of writing:
- Articles for medical and general websites
- Press releases for web pages
- Interviews with speakers and experts
We teach courses, seminars and workshops on online and in-person on translation and writing.
Our courses can be adapted to any format and duration.
These are some of the courses given:
- Seminars on Medical Translation addressed to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year students of the Translation and Interpreting School, Centro Universitario Estema, Paterna-Valencia, Spain.
- Seminars on Medical Translation addressed to 4th and 5th-year students of the Translation and Interpreting School, Centro Universitario Estema, Valencia, Spain.
- Course on Translation of Medical Texts. Translation and Interpreting School, Centro Universitario Estema, Valencia, Spain.
- Seminar on Biomedical translation as a part of the Master’s degree on Specialized Translation Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, Universidad de Córdoba, Córdoba, Spain
- Online course “Terminología de uso obligado en la industria farmacéutica”. AulaSic. Tercera edición.